Academic function: CNRS Senior scientist – head of the group “HTc superconductors and signal treatement” Unité Mixte de Physique CNRS/Thales.
Research interests and expertise: Thin films deposition, High Tc Superconductors, Electric transport, Magnetic properties, Optical lithography, Multiferroic and Superconducting device elaboration, Radio Frequency, Microwaves.
Academic function: CNRS Senior scientist – Unité Mixte de Physique CNRS/Thales.
Research interests and expertise: High Tc Superconductors, Vortices, Electric transport, Magnetic properties, Superconducting Hybrids.
Academic function: CNRS Engineer – Unité Mixte de Physique CNRS/Thales.
Research interests and expertise: Thin films deposition, High Tc Superconductors, Hybrid structures, Transport characterization, Structural characterization, AFM, SEM, XPS.
Academic function: Near-Field Microscopy, AFM, CAFM, Nano-Indentation.
Research interests and expertise: PLD Growth and electrical characterization of thin films.
Pulsed Laser Deposition System REAL
- Tool keeper contact information: javier.briaticocnrs-thales.fr
- Relevant details: In this pulsed laser deposition system, UV (248 nm) light from a class IV laser is focused inside a vacuum chamber to vaporize atoms from a ceramic target of the material to be deposited. Atoms deposit as a thin film on a substrate heated at high temperature.
A large number of growth parameters can be controlled during deposition: Oxygen partial pressure, substrate temperature (from 30 °C up to 750 °C), substrate-target distance (from 40 to 90 mm), laser energy (up to 600 mJ) and frequency (max 50 Hz). System supports 4 targets, so a large variety of structures can be growth “in situ”. Samples of thickness from 2nm up to 500 nm are usually deposited on substrates of 10mmx10mm.
Clean Room facilities
- Tool keeper contact information: javier.briaticocnrs-thales.fr.
- Relevant details: Optical lithography comprises all lithographic techniques to fabricate microdevices using top-down techniques. The lab dispose of two different optical technologies: a Mask Aligner (MJB3) and a 2D laser lithography. Our insulator deposition machine (SiO2 or Si3N4), and the Ion Beam Etching and Reactive Ion Etching machines provide the necessary steps for the elaboration of devices in the “current perpendicular to the plane” configuration.
- Tool keeper contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Relevant details: Different Transport Measurement setups are available in our lab, to measure the resistance and the complex impedance of films and devices, in the range of temperatures between 12K and 300K, from DC to 30 GHz, up to 6KGauss.